November 15, 2006 § 9 Comments

>cingular just isn’t cutting it. sometimes it’s really solid, but a lot of the time in my apt. is spent finding a better place to talk. those of you who know new york, what’s your suggestion? one friend insists on verizon, but i was researching last night and saw a site with way more verizon complaints than cingular. help me make a good choice. i’ll keep asking friends in the city, too. but if you have suggestions, by all means…

on an entirely different note, since we’ve been discussing oberlin so much, maybe we should have an old school sco party in new york. try to reconstrcut the goodness that was the sco or something. i haven’t ironed out the details but it could be fun.
although thinking about it now, it is probably best to keep it in the past.

things are still good and busy. loving the job and the apartment and being in the city.

§ 9 Responses to >changing cell phone plans/dance til you can’t, dance til you can’t, dance no more

>yay, yay! SO glad that you love it all right now. that’s great. ESP loving your space.my sister had tmobile in ny and it seemed like reception was always fine. i had sprint but generally, they are all evil bastards. i feel like a LOT of my friends had verizon, though, and didn’t have problems.are you working F/T?

>yes. full time. my days off are sunday and monday. let’s hang out!

>I will show up to your ‘sco party before the doors open, and then stay until you turn all the lights on, dancing continuously except when I need to sip a glass of water!

>remember the sco ho? that girl i played rugby with that was nicknamed the sco ho? what’s her name? i loved her!

>ooooh, SO excited to get back to ny and hang out!!!

>PS it might just be your basement arrangement that’s interfering with your cell signal. I would just invite a bunch of people over and borrow their phones to see what works best.

• Sara says:

>Hi Gili,I have a blog entry about the necessary evil that is Verizon. If you travel around a lot, I find it to have the most consistent coverage, but it is a horrible, horrible company to deal with. You always have to ask to speak with someone’s manager, and you need to sound like you can and will get Congress to investigate your complaint.

>wow, that’s hardcore. cingular, formerly at&t always has been so good to me. i lvoe their customer service and honestly, ive never had a problem in another city. i keep forgetting to check out friends’ phones when they are in my apt.

• Matt says:

>I’m only going to come to your Sco party if Shirley works the door and that Alex guy that worked with us at Conference Services DJs 80s music. And it’s on a Thursday night. And Horizontal Teeth is on security detail. Is that too many demands?Sorry.By the way, I’m shocked to hear that you’re having Cingular problems. It works everywhere in Philadelphia, and I’m a loyal fan. But I’ve heard good things about Verizon, too. Hmm. I dunno.