>quarantined

December 7, 2006 § 8 Comments

>Paul Muldoon read tonight at Housing Works. I stayed for a while, but the guilt I felt was too great. Or maybe it was too much to listen to someone who spoke so slowly. My brain just isn’t that patient right now. I hurried home to work more on my writing. It’s official: I’m the last person in my class to upload my manuscripts for workshop. Sigh. Maybe next semester, I’ll be better. Probably not.

I’m taking tomorrow off to finish up my second piece. It’s got to go out, no matter what.

This is an official apology: Hanukah gifts will be late. Sorry.

New York has gotten a bit colder, but I still love it. Everything’s better here, and I’d love to expand on this, but writing beckons.

Thanks to Aimee, I’ve begun a jumping jack regimen, which is a nice way to end the day, but doing them kind of makes me feel like I’m in prison. I guess I sort of am until I get through with this frickin’ story.

Grocery list (hopefully this can happen tomorrow once writing is complete):
Bananas, cherry tomatoes, carrot juice, soy milk, apple sauce, soup, tea, cereal, carrots, spinach, tofu

Plus I need a brow wax big time. And a hair cut. And black tights. And a new printer cartridge. (This is what happens when I never allow myself to leave my house.)

Music: Ray LaMontagne
Obsession: Dagoba Xocolatl (Hot Chocolate w/chilies and cinnamon)

§ 8 Responses to >quarantined

• Leah says:

>I miss you, Gili! But it’s nice to read your blog and hear how things are going.

>Leah!!! How are you?! I heard a rumor that you’re planning on starting an MFA program!! I want to hear all about it. I love so many of the books on your site, it’s ridiculous. Anytime you’re in New York, call me. I’d love to see you.

>p.s. I didn’t know you were a Sarah Schulman person. How wonderful. I’ve always loved “Rat Bohemia.”p.p.s. I didn’t like Bechdel’s new book. I wish we were in the same city again, so we could talk more about it in person.p.p.p.s. yea for hearing from you! happy!

>i guess you really were that behind. but i’m glad you like the jumping jacks. do some for me. i’m wishing i could do more, but alas. my running around prevents it. thank ellie-jo for that; she’s so good for that kind of thing.love from d.c.!

• >Mmm. I love Mexican hot chocolate! Wonderful.I like Bechdel’s book. You have to read it twice to appreciate it, though, I think. I got it signed at Bluestockings on the LES. She’s awesome.Eat soup for me. I’ve heard of Housing Works. Is it a studio?

>what do you mean “a studio?” it’s a book store, cafe, there are 6 thrift stores, another cafe, and about 10 residential locations throughout new york. plus the brooklyn office. i’m not sure i understand.

• >Hmmm. I don’t know what I mean by “studio.” Okay, what is Housing Works?

• Leah says:

>hi Gili! The rumours are true…yet again, I am applying to MFA programs. We shall see what comes of it this time.Housing Works rocks, by the way. When I left NY, I donated all of my books there. Somehow I again have four shelves full and some leaning towers o’ tomes…Yeah, I discovered Sarah Schulman relatively lately and I like.Yay for hearing back from you!! Off to clean up cat vomit now.