December 15, 2006 § 10 Comments

>A: A lot.

I have blotches of honey all over my face and arms. After spending the last five hours hanging out with Aimee, I stopped by Trader Joe’s and bought a 3 lb. can of honey. She convinced me that it would be good for my skin. I think I put too much on because I’m all sticky and keep leaving little dabs of honey all over my apartment. Did I do it wrong, Aimee??

Today, Sarah Michelle Geller was at Housing Works. The store was closed and the street was closed off for the movie shoot. They’re filming “A Girl’s Guide To Hunting And Fishing,” which was the dumbest book ever but I might go see the movie to see Housing Works. Aimee witnessed a lot of really bizarre interactions that I had during the filming of the movie. I won’t get into it, but at one point, this strange Italian woman seemed to get angry with me for not speaking Italian even though she was the one trespassing.
I don’t care about Sarah Michelle Geller, but I need to say this: She is very, very skinny. Make no mistake. She is so skinny, she’s almost not there.

I was supposed to go to a reading tonight, but Aimee and I played hooky. We stopped at Black Hound and ate lots of dessert samples. They were playing Delilah After Dark and I was way happier about it than the guy working behind the counter. I don’t know why. And get this, Aimee had never heard of Delilah. Wow. I am really exposing her to a whole new world. I like to think of it as my form of community service. (Just kidding.)

We had a late dinner (post-bowls of cereal and free samples and yummy ginger dark chocolate) at Souen. I stuffed myself with bok choy and rice and other macrobiotic treats. I had written “Eat Healthy” in my planner for today. Maybe tomorrow.

I got more Feng Shui tips and what I’m learning is that I am the opposite of Feng Shui.

One last thing: on my walk home, I saw a man dressed in completely in tinfoil with only a pair of striped boxers on top. I’m not even sure he was a man, since his face was covered. It was for a photo-shoot. Again, wish I had a digi-cam.

Music: “All Night” by Damien and Stephen Marley

§ 10 Responses to >Q: How Many Ways Can I Entertain Myself While Never Getting Any School Work Done?

>I loved that book! I read it when it first came out, I think it was my first chick-lit book I ever read. (Plus one of the characters went to our college!)

>now i know that you know that you did it wrong already. let me know how it goes when you apply wet on wet!i realize i cut my feng shui teeth at oberlin b/c the furniture was so easy to move around.i kinda feel like hell now. maybe it will pass in time.

• >Oooo–I love Souen! You have to get their maze rice with eel. And their vegetable pancake. Mmmm. I really admire your procrastination.

• ByTheBay says:

>When I read of you covering your skin with honey, I thought of two things:-The bumpersticker “Cover me in honey and throw me to the lesbians”-Ants! ew! Ants! ew!

>okay, okay, i did it wrong. aimee knows that i knew i did it wrong. she gave me very explicit instructions and i chose to ignore them. from now on, i’m going to do the honey thing right.p, how can you say you admire my procrastination? it’s horrible.

• Anonymous says:

>is that the book where someone askes why Oberlin students hang out with other Oberlin students and the other character says “because no one else will be friends with us”. Right now that seems like a totally reasonable explanation.R

>YESSSS!! That’s tottally the one. I love that line, and I think it’s really true in so many ways.

>seriously, it’s not enough honey for ANYONE to notice. except the honey-ed person, who no longer has dry skin.has nothing to do w/me being an obie – my PARENTS, who were mortified about my going there, are the biggest honey proponents. remember: only external application! not to ingest.

• mother says:

>sweets for the sweet should work. Happy Hannukah!

• >Aimee, please give honey directions online. I really want to try this!Thanks,Pauly