December 16, 2006 § 3 Comments
>This week has gone on too darn long. Here’s a list of things that happened today:
1. A tree fell on a woman on 10th Street on my way to work this morning. It’s a long story, but the point is, a man was driving a truck and basically hit a tree and then the tree split in half and the branches fell on a woman. She’s okay, I think. The driver didn’t even get out of the truck. This is how I started my day.
2. I held a first edition, signed copy of Bridge To Terabithia that’s worth 750 dollars. I might be shipping it off on Monday if the book dealer that I spoke to today wants to buy it. This is my favorite young adult book. Ever.
3. Talked to an angry man (actually, I was talked at by him) on the phone today (he had a right to be angry) who kept calling me “lady” over and over again (he didn’t have a right to be calling me “lady,” especially the way he was calling me it).
4. Met Corrinne Bailey Rae and watched her practicing for her show at Housing Works tonight. I didn’t stay because Aimee told me I needed to go home. And also because the thought of watching some woman (that I’ve never even heard of) sing while being squished between three hundred other people sounded like a bad way to end the day.
5. Came home to my blog swap package. I have to take pictures of the food, which I will post tomorrow. In the meantime, I have been stuffing myself with ginger cookies all night.
6. Took another shower and tried out the honey all over the skin thing the way I’m supposed to do it. So far, so good.
Tonight’s plan: Two hours of writing, one hour of reading stuff for workshops, reading fun stuff until I go to bed, which will hopefully happen by midnight.