>Knit Me Baby One More Time

March 1, 2007 § 7 Comments

>I can’t believe the beauty! The sun has been shining for two days! It’s supposed to be another warm one tomorrow. I’ve been basking in the hot 40 degrees.

Last night was semi-productive. I read some more of McEwan (still not a fan). Also, I wrote my outlines for my annotations and reread my story.

Tonight, for the first time since I lived in San Francisco two years ago, I started knitting. Alyssa and I went to Happy Ending Music and Reading Series. It was craft night and the publishers of a bunch of craft books donated a bunch of knitting needles and fancy yarn. I got really into knitting during the music and the crafty people giving talks about their books and their crafts. Alyssa was convinced that this was going to be the ultimate event in New York and I can’t say that it was, but we had fun. We even got yelled at more than once for talking during the lectures. The hostess, was weird and nobody laughed at her jokes, but that didn’t stop her from trying. I felt like the bad kid in school. But I was also the master knitter of the night (not including the presenters). Here’s the scarf I started. It’s just like riding a bike, it came right back to me. The band that played, Mason Dixon was really good.

Big excitement of the week: Veronica volunteers tomorrow, which means I get another fabulous haircut!

Oh! Today at work on the radio there was some weird radio gimmick where people were supposed to call in and choose between Chaka Kahn and Whitney Houston. For a couple hours it was all Whitney and Chaka all the time. Ultimately, Chaka won the battle for most-played, which was a bit disappointing.
Whitney song of the day would have to be: All At Once
And Chaka song has got to be: Tell Me Something Good

*health restoration of the week: No coffee; just hot water with lemon

§ 7 Responses to >Knit Me Baby One More Time

>omg!!!! that yarn looks BEAUTIFUL. mmmmmmmmm. nice needles, too. i’m so glad that you FINALLY started knitting again!!! you kept saying you would and never did. yay. i love it. the color is perfect.

• TI says:

>CAnt’ resist commenting on a knitting post. The yarn looks luxurious. I love some McEwan but not others. Enduring Love is my favourite. Amsterdam is the only one I really disliked.

• TI says:

>p.s. you are making great progress on your next submission! I’m all envy.

>ti, you’re so wrong!!! i’m making no progress at all. i’ve been horrible. everytime i read your blog i feel like i’m so behind.i don’t like mcewan. feels like he just likes to hear himself talk A LOT.the yarn is beautiful. i think i made it too wide. do you think i should start over?

>no! not too wide at all. though, you realize that there’s no way for us to know how wide it is from that picture? too wide b/c you’re going to run out of yarn?

>Ah knitting! I watched someone knitting on the CalTrain yesterday.This is random, but one of the models in one of the Stitch ‘n Bitch books plays Pocahantas in “Night at the Museum.”I wish I could get a haircut from your friend- I think I would do something drastic.PS Don’t forget to take pictures!!

• TI says:

>Not sure if you should start over. It depends how much yarn you have. Too short is worse than too narrow, and in any case it doesn’t look too narrow in the pic.