>I’m So Behind

March 4, 2007 § 11 Comments

>I know I wrote two days ago but every day feels like a lifetime and there’s so much to report. I made a list. Here goes:

On Friday night, Alyssa and I went to (you guessed it) Angelica’s Kitchen for dinner. I had the strangest meal, even for Angelica’s standards. After a full day, I still can’t decide if I liked it. We stopped by Black Hound for free samples. (There’s only about eight activities that I do in my neighborhood and so far Alyssa and I have done five of them.) Then we stayed up late watching a marathon of television shows on DVD. We went through all the faves: Gilmore Girls, The Office, and Wonderfalls.

Today at work, Mike Figgis purchased a rare art book about some era of German art that I could not understand, but he was excited about it and we were excited about him. One of the volunteers thanks him for making such great movies. We knew it was him because he paid by credit card, not because we automatically identified him.

At lunch, I purchased a rug from Kate’s Paperie that was 75% off since everything is on sale for their big remodeling project. Please see pictures. I’m pretty excited about the rug. I was worried it was kind of cheesy but Alyssa fully approved.

Then in a matter of minutes, Alyssa stopped by, quickly followed by a random appearance by Rachel Steiner, a girl I used to go to Jewish sleep-away camp with when I was about twelve years old and Tara’s older sister, Jessie. Jessie, Tara, and Rachel all grew up in the same town. Rachel seemed the same and I’ve seen Jessie since I’ve lived here, but the whole thing was just super weird and exciting.

On my walk home from work, there were all these ambulances and fire trucks outside the Houston subway station and I heard people talking about an explosion, but as of tonight, I’ve seen nothing on the Internet related to this, so I’m unclear about what happened.

Then, I got to see the lunar eclipse. I had forgotten about it, but there it was! I don’t think I’ve ever seen an eclipse before. I think they’re kind of magical and people do weird things under the influence of an eclipse.

For the millionth time this week, Alyssa and I hung out. We went to Viva for some Zen vegan pizza. Then we decided to enjoy the summery weather and get a pint of Ben and Jerry’s to share while watching some more Gilmore Girls. I remembered the free pint coupon that Riva sent me months ago and we ran home to pick it up. Then we took a half an hour deciding what flavors to get and ended up with Banana on the Rum and Cherry Garcia. (Notice how I’m hiding my enormous chin in this picture.)

Whew. That brings us up to now. It’s one am and tomorrow I’m supposed to have adventures with Kim. Then maybe, just maybe, I’ll start to get some work going. Skeptical? You should be.

I’m back to drinking coffee. I was in such a celebratory mood because of the fifty degree autumn weather we’re having that I went a little overboard today and had 2.5 cups. Not really a smooth transition back to coffee, but man did I miss the stuff!

Sadly, in the middle of next week, Alyssa is heading back to Colorado for the week, so I will be without Aimee and Alyssa. On the upside, I really may get back to my writing. I could really use a residency like Ragdale to keep me from getting sidetracked. I never thought I had A.D.D., but I have found eight thousand ways to distract myself. It’s getting a little out of hand.

§ 11 Responses to >I’m So Behind

• mother says:

>Your rug looks so nice! Can’t wait to see it! We also found nothing regarding the subway, thank goodness.

>I found this:A manhole fire caused problems for some Downtown residents last night.Smoke was pouring from a manhole near Broadway and Houston Streets in Greenwich Village.Con Edison is investigating what sparked the fire, which brought traffic to a standstill in the area. Officials closed off a portion of East Houston Street near Broadway.

>hahhaa. the rug totally shifts the feel of the apt. i love the shot w/corny.um, i always thought yr info anxiety was just a big excuse for add. hahaaa! i’m afraid that even at a residency, you’d not get work done. you need a residency where you are the only one, w/no phone, and no email. well, but then you might just up and die. i think i would.

>mom, do you think aimee’s right? do we have ADD?also, aimee, do you like the rug???? is it too cheesy? i think i like it. not sure yet.

>Love the rug, very good for feng shui. David’s sister is on this huge ADD kick, she was recently diagnosed and now she diagnoses everyone else close to her as the same. She recommended some books about it, Women With Attention Deficit Disorder: Embracing Disorganization at Home and in the Workplace by Sari Soldenand When Words Are Not Enough by Valerie Raskin.I feel like my LES spirit lives on through you.

>Also! Do you realize how Web 2.0 you are? I mean, blogging about local goings-ons (the explosion) before it hits the mainstream news?!?

>i’ll let you know when i actually see the rug in your home. b/c that’s how to know! i have to see all your new furniture, too.the nice thing about your add (or non add) is that you still are able to pay attention to me and not get crazy off track. i don’t really want you to have add. it’s too trendy.

• mother says:

>we certainly operate out of the ordinary, but no one has ever suggested that it’s add.

>kim says it’s not ADD. she said maybe a bit manic, but not ADD. I’m satisfied with this diagnosis. i mean, we finish projects, we read entire books, we watch movies (me) and plays (you), we write stories (me), we spend hours online (both of us). Where’s the ADD?

>okay, good. b/c i don’t want to have it, either. my diagnosis: life exuberance. plus a ridiculous amount of energy.

>I hate these label names that people put on themselves and each other. As if anyone’s personality could be summed up in three letters. Everyone personalities are so much more complex than that.Aimee, I like your “diagnosis.” You’re totally inspiring. Actually, both of you.