>My Life As A Walking (Or Lying Down) Soap Opera

April 5, 2007 § 7 Comments

>Alyssa brought me to the E.R. at 10:30 am on Wednesday. Such a good friend to wait with me for two and a half hours. We’ve decided that our friendship moved up another notch on the closeness scale after this shared experience. The nurses and the doctors were all very nice to me and the whole thing wasn’t as stressful as I had anticipated. The only strange thing was when the lights started flashing and the words, “CODE RED” were blasted from the loudspeaker for about a minute and a half. Nobody panicked so neither did we.
Diagnosis: It’s not clear what’s wrong with my back and it’s going to be a couple of weeks before I know more.

In other news, life is busy, busy, busy. All my submissions are due Monday. I’m completely behind. I’m enjoying Grace Paley’s Later The Same Day more than Riva and mom did though it took me a while to get into it.

Tonight: Aveda Institute for a brow waxing.
Tomrrow night: Low show (Duluth, Mormon band) with Maggie
Saturday night: date night!

(Doesn’t the photo of Alyssa look just like Riva? Also, this is supposed to be Alyssa’s author picture for the back of her first book.)

§ 7 Responses to >My Life As A Walking (Or Lying Down) Soap Opera

>yay, curly.i think it’s hilarious that they let you take pictures in there. hooray for fun er experiences (i’ve had only horrific ones my last three. well, i guess getting my head stapled was kind of funny).

>It’s the hair (making A look like R). So glad you are getting yourself checked out and taking care of yourself.Good luck getting your submissions in on time!! Are we (common folk) ever going to get a preview of your writing?

>It’s the smile too. It’s the Riva smile. Waiting for Riva to weigh in on this.Also, your preview of my writing IS this blog. That will have to do.They didn’t let me take pictures in the E.R. We were just doing it anyway.

• Anonymous says:

>Yep, just like me.R

• >Scary. I opened up your blog and you’re there in one of those hospital gowns. I hope your back is doing okay. Do you have flat feet? Flat feet combined with lots of NYC walking is a bad combination.

>what’s this about flat feet? i think my feet are fairly flat. what should i be worried about?the back thing is unrelated to walking around new york. i won’t know more until at least april 23 if not later. will keep everyone posted.

• Repeater says:

>Aw, back pain is the worst. Hope you’ll be feeling better soon (you looked pretty happy in the photos for being in an ER!) We all were feeling the crunch this this time. I think my submission sucked!